So it looks like we’re ringing in spring with a little snow storm. Snow at this time of year is so disheartening. When spring hits, you know that warmer weather is just around the corner, but those snowflakes serve to remind you that that corner is a little further off than you thought. Seriously, one of these days I’m just going to pick up and move to San Diego or Buenos Aires or Sydney. Anyway, if you're staying inside like me today, go ahead and check out what I’ve been reading or watching this week.
1. Last week everyone was talking about Derek Zoolander and Hansel making an appearance on the catwalk at Valentino’s Paris show as one of the best recent PR stunts, but I was laughing even more while watching Will Ferrell playing baseball for ten different Spring Training teams. He even has a Baseball-Reference page!
2. Up until the other day, I didn’t even know that luxury toilet paper even existed.
4. I now know why my son is afraid of cows.
5. I found a great article on the Financial Times about shaving and the resurgence of single-blade shaving from almost ten years ago.
6. I made this pasta sauce this week. I wish it had been spicier, but I think my red pepper flakes were old. I’ll definitely be making it again.
7. I’ve been getting into Magic City on Netflix. I highly recommend watching this show about Miami in the late 50s.
9. Orvis is offering 20% off all flies.
10. I really like these t-shirts from Locally Grown for Target.
11. J. Crew is cutting an extra 25% off all sale items with the code: SPRINGSALE