We’ve been dog-sitting this week, which means four dogs in the house and four dogs trying to jump in the bed all night, so I’ve been a little tired and a little slow this week. He’s a good dog, so it’s easy to forgive, but I definitely didn’t get to post or write as much as I wanted to this week. Next week I’ll be sure to do two product reviews among other articles. I’m excited to get this razor blade project underway too. Unfortunately (for the blog anyway, haha) this weekend is chock full of things to distract me, including a few things on this week’s list of reading, watching and shopping, so let’s get to it.
1. First off, this incredible article from Wet Shaving Times is so relatable for so many people who have made the switch to traditional shaving with a safety razor. If you haven’t made the switch yet, just read this and try not to.
2. In one of two articles this week on suits, this short piece from GQ got me really thinking about what I wear out into the world each day and what that projects about me.
5. If you can’t chuckle at this wedding story, then you probably have no sense of humor.
6. Daredevil Season One is now available for streaming on Netflix. I wonder how many episodes I can watch while the kids are asleep.
7. The Shanghai Grand Prix takes place this Sunday. I usually DVR the races and watch them Sunday night. Avoiding any race information for an entire day is tricky, but I enjoy the time away from all social media and Internet use.
8. If you haven’t seen HBO’s documentary Going Clear about Scientology, I highly recommend checking it out. It’s fascinating.
9. Reading those articles on the revival of the suit has be itching for a new suit.